About Us
A brief history of Kitsap County Rose Society
   
Originally our rose society was called the Olympic Peninsula
Rose Society. In 1994, Eric Hunter, along with Margie
Breunig, Karen Scheoppel , Betty Angel, Jamie Schmidt, and
Dick Kline, held a reorganization meeting and it was renamed
the Kitsap County Rose Society. Eric Hunter was President
from 1994 to 2003. Since then, other Presidents have been
Bob Gakin ( 2003 and 2004). Randy Erickson (2005), Gary
Johnson (2006 and 2007), Donna Hamilton (2008), and Ray
Etheredge 2009 to 2015.
 
The meetings were held initially at Northwoods Lodge but as
membership grew the meetings were moved to the Clairmont
East Nursing facility and again in June of 2006 to Silverdale
Fire Station #51. Due to changes in the Fire station #51
routine, in 2014 the meeting place was changed to Bremerton Fire Station #41.
 
The rose to the right is 'Tuscany', a Hybrid gallica that has been in existence since before 1598.